Friday, January 17, 2014

Christ's Early Disciples

This week I read in Matthew and John. For thousands of years, people who believed in the Lord had offered up sacrifices in the similitude of the future sacrifice of Jesus Christ. In these chapters He is referred to as "The Lamb of God". To those with "ears to hear," John was proclaiming that Jesus Christ would be the final offering made on their behalf. For Andrew, Simon, and Phillip, they heard Christ speak and then continued following Him. They invited other to "come and see". Nathaniel also heard Him and invited others. Christ appeared to Peter, James, and John while they were fishing and invited them to follow Him. They straightway left their nets and followed Him.
Reading in the Book of Mormon, we see many accounts of missionary work. I am not the best at sharing my testimony and inviting others to "come and see." I doubt myself and my strength. I have begun trying to invite my neighbors who are inactive to come to activities, but mostly I just try to be their friend. It is hard to ask for missionary experiences when you aren't sure how to share the Gospel. I know that as I grow stronger in my own testimony, that those experiences will come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment