Saturday, February 15, 2014

Become As Little Children

In Matthew 18:3-4 and D&C 78:13-14 it talks about becoming as little children. As I pondered this, the words to "I am a Child of God" came to mind.

I am a Child of God
and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home
with parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me,
walk beside me,
help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do,
to live with Him someday.

These words are so simple, yet they explain everything we know about the Plan of Salvation. In D&C 78:18 it says that "I will lead you along." When we become trusting in our Heavenly Father to lead us along, as little children are, we become humble enough to accept His guidance. Children are not afraid to ask Heavenly Father for things like puppy, or a little sister, or to help them not have bad dreams. When we can trust in Him in that simplistic way, He will guide our paths and keep us on track to return back to Him.

In Mosiah 3:19 it gives the traits of becoming like a child:
For the natural man is an enemy to God,
and has been from the fall of Adam,
and will be, forever and ever,
unless he yields to the enticings
of the Holy Spirit,
and putteth off the natural man
and becometh a saint through 
the Atonement of Christ, the Lord,
and becometh as a child,
submissive, meek, humble, patient,
full of love, 
willing to submit to all things
which the Lord seeth fit to inflict on him,
even as a child doth submit to his father.

 Close this window

No comments:

Post a Comment